Unsolicited applications are welcome at email@example.com
General Manager in internationally oriented wind engineering company
Svend Ole Hansen ApS is a consulting company with internationally recognized expertise in the field of wind engineering, structural vibrations and structural safety. Svend Ole Hansen ApS is seeking a General Manager with international experience in the area of wind engineering and with a solid background of managing consulting engineers.
You should facilitate the next step in the company development with a continued and increased international focus building upon our current well-reputed basis. The key responsibilities will include:
- Take the lead in preparing and implementing visions and strategic exploration of future business developments.
- Prepare and implement short-term as well as on long-term goals covering marked development and employee basis.
- Keep track of the financial situation and continue the record of positive yearly surpluses over the last 30 years.
- Be in charge of the day-to-day administrative planning, financial status and legal tasks.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day employee basis, recruitments, employee satisfaction and development.
You will be responsible to the CEO for the technical and financial development in the company with focus on items mentioned above.
Qualifications and skills
Candidates possessing one or more of the below key competences are encouraged to apply:
- Internationally well-known in the wind engineering community.
- At least 10 years of experience in wind engineering.
- Strong theoretical and experimental background.
- Leadership experience in managing consulting engineers.
- Desire for untraditional thinking in engineering assignments.
Independently of profile you will be part of a technical strong team of dedicated engineers with a pleasant social working atmosphere.
Candidates fitting well into the current team may possess only parts of the qualifications and skills listed above, and the specific definition of key responsibilities may be settled together with the preferred candidate.
Svend Ole Hansen founded Svend Ole Hansen ApS in central Copenhagen, Denmark in 1988. The company took their own boundary layer wind tunnel into use in 1991. The wind tunnel has been used in a wide range of different projects, e.g., wind tunnel tests on many cable-supported bridges, determining wind loads on a wide range on onshore as well as offshore structures, wind environment investigations and calibration of anemometers. The company has approx. 20 employees.
In 2011 the sister company SOH Wind Engineering was founded in Burlington, Vermont, US. SOH Wind Engineering has two large boundary layer wind tunnels and work closely together with the Danish office. The sister company has approx. 10 employees.
Through the more than 30 years of working experience in wind engineering, wind tunnel measurements, CFD, writing wind codes and calibration of instruments, Svend Ole Hansen ApS and SOH Wind Engineering have become world-wide recognized consulting engineering companies known to have profound key competences in the field.
The next step in the development of the companies is to make them the first world-wide choice for consultancy with respect to wind engineering projects. The General Manager should play a key role in this development.
For more information see: www.sohansen.dk
All communication will be handled confidentially. Application and curriculum vitae should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add “General manager – application“ in the email subject line.
If you have questions, please contact Svend Ole Hansen by email: email@example.com.